Ga naar inhoud

Koelkast does not cool anymore

Ankit

Aanbevolen berichten

Guys, My samsung koelkast RSJ1KEMH is not cooling at all. I put my fridge on vacation mode and left for 3 weeks holidays. After I come back both the freezer and the fridge were warm. I plug out and plug in, but it then both the displays (on each door) were off except one vertical bar on the fridge door was blinking. If i press Freezer and Vacationmode together for 8 secs then the entire display is on. however both display 22degree. Does anyone has idea? After plug in, the vertical bar blinking means it is defrost sensor error (i figured out from google research)?
Any one has solution or suggestions?
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

First thing you could do is shut down the refrigerator completely and clean it inside and out. Keep the machine off for the night and plug it back in the next morning. Any errors should be resolved by this.

If this doesn't have the wanted effect, it is possibly caused by a thermostat defect. You can check this by opening the fridge and disconnect the thermostat.. followed by connecting the two wires (often brown and black) together. When you do this and the compressor starts to work and cool, it is a sign that the thermostat should be replaced.
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Dear Marvin,

Thank you for the quick respond. I vacummed the fins at the back (next to compressor). I keep it off for 2 days. However it is the same situation. I could not reach at the defrost panel because of too many wires. I guess the panel is not frozen because touching with hands I do not feel anything cold over there. You said thermostat defect, that means the defrost sensor or thermostat unit? I am a bit confused here. Thanks again for your suggestions.
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

I mean the thermostat unit, which is often located behind the control panel or display of the refrigerator. Not al refrigerators use a mechanical thermostat. When this is the case, you could replace the defrost sensor (temperatuur voeler). I think you would need this one:

http://www.europart.nl/c/koelkast-onderdelen/samsung/samsung-da32-00006w-sensor-da3210105r-rs23fp-rs20nasl-rs21dpsm-koelkast-44051010
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

• 2 weken later...
Hi Marvin,
Thank you for the respond. I would like to know is it common that if defrost sensor is not working for such 'Display Fridge' , then after plug in the fridge will show such errors immediately? Because i plug in and the error is displayed. However after pressing Freezer and Vacationmode together for 8 secs then the entire display is on but not cooling anymore.

Do you think after changing the defrost sensor, the display will not show error (immediately after plug in) and the fridge will start cooling?

I guess my fridge has the mechanical defrost sensor as you have sent in the link in the last message.

Thanks,
Ankit
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

It is hard to say from a distance (without actually looking at the fridge in person) if changing the defrost sensor will be the correct solution. But in my experience, a lot of issues are caused by faulty sensors and thermostats. In MOST cases, replacing them offers a affordable solution. I think it is worth trying.

If it does not help, it could be wise to let an expert look at the refrigerator.
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Thanks Marvin again!
I will try to do it myself at first. The samsung service centers are charging 150euros for replacing a new thermostat sensors (if this is the problem). However sensor costs only 10 to 15euros.

However with defrost sensor broken, is it possible that the freezer and fridge section both heats up? Also after plug in, the freezer door display is completely off while the fridge door is only displaying the error code message.

Thanks again!
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Dear Marvin,
Yesterday, I opened the inside evaporator panel and I see some thick black plastic cover at the start of evaporator line was melted and a bit deposited on the evaporator cooling fins. To say evaporator line starts with thick tube and ends with very thin (copper) tube. On the thinner part there was a huge black plastic wrap which is melted. I wish i could sent you the photo. Near the drain out area at the bottom i see black spot as well, possibly because of heater heating longer??

Rest of the panel looks okay. Seems only black plastic thing is only melted leaving the end of evaporator line naked.

What can be done from here? do you expect a leakage? Is it important to make black plastic coating again? Is the defrost sensor broken and it was continous on heating mode?

For me it is a mystery now. Possible to send you somehow photos?

Thanks again, Ankit.
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Plak in plaats daarvan als platte tekst

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...